Best-in-Class Care for Cat & Dog Surgery
During any surgical procedure, patient safety is our number one priority. Whether we’re performing routine or advanced surgery, you’re pet receives only the best care. Our modern animal hospital is fully equipped with the latest in veterinary technology to ensure their complete safety. Dental cleanings and procedures require anesthetic monitoring the same way general cat and dog surgery does. We have a state-of-the-art surgical suite and a dental cleaning area with advanced equipment to closely watch your pet. With over 30 years of experience in providing Kronenwetter with excellent veterinary care, our surgical skills are as advanced as our equipment and facility.
Monitoring Your Pet Closely During any Procedure
Both our dental cleaning area and our surgical suite includes anesthetic ventilators. These mechanical ventilators give us distinct benefits during surgery. It uses gas sedation over IV sedation. Some advantages include:
- It allows us to accurately control the amount of oxygen and anesthetic gas delivered to your pet.
- It ensures a clear and open airway in your pet.
- It helps with a smoother recovery.
- Pets quickly awaken from sedation.
One of our compassionate team members is with your pet during every step of the surgical process. We closely watch your pet’s body temperature, blood pressure and heart rate. As your pet awakens after surgery, a technician is with them, and soothing them with warm blankets. We’ll immediately let you know how your pet is doing and set a time you can pick them up.
Providing Experienced, Comprehensive Treatment
We carry the latest in surgical technology for your pet, but we also carry some of the best veterinarians. Dr. Chris Bleifuss founded Kronenwetter Veterinary Care in 1985 and took care of farm animals along with a variety of pets. Always staying current with the best practices in veterinary care, his practice changed throughout the years as well as its focus. Though we mainly service cats and dogs now, our five highly skilled veterinarians are experienced in many types of surgeries. They include:
- Ovariohysterectomy (spay)
- Orchidectomy (neuter/castration)
- Dental Prophylaxis (teeth cleaning, xrays, and extractions)
- Growth or Mass Removal
- Cystotomy (removal of urinary bladder stones)
- CCL Repair & Tightrope (surgical stabilization of knee ligament)
- Cherry Eye Repair (third eyelid enlargement)
- Enucleation (eye removal)
- Onychectomy (declaw)
- Foreign body removal (if your pet eats something they shouldn’t!)
Please contact us with any questions about pet surgery. We’re here for the pets of Kronenwetter and surrounding areas. Please visit our payment options to learn more about some of our unique payment plans.