Emergency Care at Our Animal Hospital
We’re happy to provide emergency pet care during normal business hours at Kronenwetter Veterinary Care. If your think your pet is having an emergency, please contact us at (715) 693-4560 or walk into our clinic. While we function as a general veterinary practice on a day-to-day basis, we have a state-of-the-art surgical suite, advanced monitoring equipment and highly skilled doctors to also function as an emergency animal hospital. We go out of our way for Mosinee pets and their families and will do everything we can to take care of your pet right away.
After our regular business hours, please contact the following veterinary hospitals for emergency care:
Signs Your Pet is Having an Emergency
Sometimes, you may be unsure if your pet is having an emergency. In this instance, call our clinic during practice hours. We can advise you on whether the concern can wait until an appointment the same day, or if your pet needs urgent care.
Some definite signs your pet is having an emergency include:
- You cannot feel a heartbeat.
- Your pet is not waking up.
- Blood is in your pet’s vomit.
- Your pet cannot stand up.
- Your pet just had or is having a seizure.
- Your male pet is having trouble urinating.
- Your pet is repeatedly gagging.
- Your pet’s stomach is swollen and hard to the touch.
- Your pregnant pet has gone longer than four hours since going into labor.
- Your pet has been vomiting or has diarrhea for longer than 24 hours.
- You suspect your pet has ingested something toxic.