Emergency Animal Care
We’re happy to provide emergency animal care during normal business hours at Kronenwetter Veterinary Care. If you think your pet is having an emergency, please contact us at (715) 693-4560 . While we function as a general veterinary practice on a day-to-day basis, we have a state-of-the-art surgical suite, advanced monitoring equipment and highly skilled doctors to also function as an emergency animal hospital. We go out of our way for Kronenwetter and surrounding area pets and their families and will do everything we can to take care of your pet right away.
After our regular business hours, please contact the following veterinary hospitals for emergency care:
Signs Your Pet is Having an Emergency
Sometimes, you may be unsure if your pet is having an emergency. In this instance, call our clinic during practice hours. We can advise you on whether the concern can wait for an appointment or if your pet needs urgent care.
Some definite signs your pet is having an emergency include:
- You cannot feel a heartbeat.
- Your pet is not waking up.
- Blood is in your pet’s vomit.
- Your pet cannot stand up.
- Your pet just had or is having a seizure.
- Your male pet is having trouble urinating.
- Your pet is repeatedly gagging.
- Your pet’s stomach is swollen and hard to the touch.
- Your pregnant pet has gone longer than four hours since going into labor.
- Your pet has been vomiting or has diarrhea for longer than 24 hours.
- You suspect your pet has ingested something toxic.